Building on 75 years’ worth of experience successfully selling commercial vehicles around the globe, Nissan is now preparing to launch a new commercial van lineup that’s been specifically designed and conceived to meet the needs of today’s hard-working fleet customers.
The 2012 Nissan NV will boast rugged body-on-frame construction for proven durability, along with a choice of two robust yet efficient powerplants: The NV 1500 will pack a standard 4.0-liter V6 that makes 261 hp and 281 lb.-ft. of torque, and the NV 2500 offers that engine and, for customers who need more power, a big 5.6-liter V8 that produces 317 hp/385 lb.-ft. of torque. The range-topping NV 3500 comes standard with the V8. Significantly, the NV will be available in both standard and high-roof configurations, with the latter providing enough room for most users to stand, walk or work in the vehicle’s cargo area; the high-roof NV also will become the only vehicle in its segment to offer both extra vertical room and body-on-frame construction.
But that’s just one of the ways Nissan is addressing the requirement of commercial users. Nissan Washington DC said the NV cab is spacious and comfortable, with supportive seats, an easy-to-read instrument panel and with numerous storage solutions, some lockable. The cargo space, even in standard-roof models, offers optimum room for whatever’s being carried, thanks to touches like square-top wheel-well housings, nearly vertical sidewalls and designed-in compatibility with aftermarket equipment.
Other innovative features on the NV lineup, which is available in S and SV trim levels, include:
- a segment-exclusive passenger-seat system that allows the seat to be converted into a handy worktable
- full-access rear doors that offer a maximum opening angle of 243 degrees
- reinforced integrated cargo area mounting points for durability and ease of cargo management system installation
- water-repellant cloth seating surfaces
- a durability patch built into the front seat bolsters to hold up to commercial use
- a multifunctional, lockable center console offering space to hang files and store a laptop
- an aggressive exterior appearance
- full-length inner panels in the cargo area to prevent items from denting the vehicle’s outer skin (on SV models)
Base MSRPs for the 2012 Nissan NV are as follows:
- NV 1500 Standard Roof S/SV—$24,590/$26,190
- NV 2500 Standard Roof S/SV—$25,590/$27,190
- NV 3500 Standard Roof S/SV—$28,190/$29,790
- NV 2500 High Roof S/SV—$27,990/$29,590
- NV 3500 High Roof S/SV—$30,590/$32,190
The NV lineup will go on sale in the spring of 2011 at Nissan Commercial Vehicle Dealerships across the country.