When cab owner Ranjit Singh recently took a passenger from JFK International Airport into Manhattan, it wasn’t just the final lap in the fare’s business trip; it also marked the first customer for New York City’s “taxi of tomorrow,” the 2014 Nissan NV200T.
Now on duty in growing numbers in the Big Apple, the 2014 Nissan NV200T offers the same durability and efficiency found throughout the brand’s NV lineup of commercial vehicles but fine-tuned for the taxi market with:
- Ample room for up to four passengers and their luggage
- Sliding doors and low step-in heights for easy ingress/egress
- Rear-seat, independently controlled a/c
- Overhead reading lights, mobile charging ports, a 12-volt outlet, and two USB ports
- An always-fresh cabin environment enhanced by an active-carbon-enhanced headliner and anti-microbial, easy-to-clean seating
But all of that is for the passengers; for those behind the wheel, the 2014 Nissan NV200T provides a comfortable and ergonomic workspace highlighted by a six-way adjustable driver’s seat with a specially designed fabric specifically developed to improve airflow, as well as a standard navigation system with the integrated rear view camera system.
“The Nissan NV200T demonstrates the company’s leadership in advancing global mobility through modern vehicle design and technology,” said Andy Palmer, executive vice president for Nissan Motor Company. “From its fuel-efficient powertrain to its space-saving design and passenger-centric interior, the Nissan taxi is a prime example of the innovative spirit that goes into all Nissan vehicles. We are excited to see the NV200T now carrying passengers around Manhattan, and look forward to bringing the same NV200T experience to drivers and passengers in new markets outside New York.”